In this article, we will guide you to install CWM or TWRP recovery on your Lenovo A6000 or Lenovo A6000 Plus whichever device you own. Also, we will help you how to root Lenovo A6000 or Plus in very simple guides through the help of a computer/PC. You can even try Kingroot Apk to root your device without the help of any PC/laptop and also install the CWM or TWRP recovery images with the help of Flashify Apk without PC/laptop.
How To Install CWM/TWRP & Root Lenovo A6000/Plus Smartphone
DISCLAIMER : In no means we are responsible if you brick your phone or your SD card dies or your phone behaves abnormally. It is your sole and your own responsibility to root your phone.
Things which you need to follow before:
- Take a backup of your data. We don’t guarantee if something is erased. Always take precautions.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow the previous step.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Connect your Lenovo A6000 smartphone to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer/This PC. ( This is important, I tried many other tutorials without installing this and my phone was not showing up. But after installing this, my phone was showing up on ADB)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here
- Download the following Recovery.img and SuperSu Files for Lenovo A6000/Plus from the below:
Installing CWM or TWRP On Lenovo A6000/Plus
Step 1: Extract the files which you downloaded.
Step 2: Copy the recovery.img file to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C: Program FilesMinimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
Step 3: Open the C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and press and hold the shift key and rright-clickanywhere inside the folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
Step 4: Now in CMD type:
It will show something like this
Step 5: Now type
ADB reboot bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step 6: Now type
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
Once flashed type the following command to reboot Lenovo A6000.
Now you have successfully installed CWM on your Lenovo A6000 smartphone. The next step would be rooting your device.
Rooting Lenovo A6000/Plus
Step 1: Copy the downloaded file Root-SuperSU-v2.37.zip in the root folder of your SD card.
Step 2: Now in CMD type:
ADB reboot recovery
This will boot Lenovo A6000 into Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Once you land into the Recovery Mode, choose install from SD card and choose Root-SuperSU-v2.37.zip
Step 4: When the installation is done, Reboot your device.
Step 5: Download Root Checker app from Playstore and check your device status.
It should be rooted by now like this
Happy rooting, if you’ve liked our tutorial for installing CWM and Rooting Lenovo A6000 then you can help others too by sharing.
Check the Top 5 Free Launcher for Lenovo A6000/Plus – Here
50+ VIBE UI Themes Available For Free Download – Here