Top 5 Applications For Android That iPhone Misses
Most people using Android are happy with its huge marketplace which offers a number of free applications and games. Also the Android users have the great opportunity to play around with its device with custom roms, rooted phones, different kernels and much more. But on the other hand the iPhone users based on Apple’s iOS do ag behind from a lot of feature that Android has and also a lot of applications that are not available for iPhone users.
We have selected 5 top applications for Android that iPhone users misses on their smartphones.
1. Google Now Launcher
Google now is almost similar to Siri on iPhone but it has much more options and a Product from Google which gives a huge opportunity to stay connected with the web and the on going events such as the weather update, google news and many other things.
- Google Now on your home screen – it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
- Just say “Ok Google” – when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
- Faster search – tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
- Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
- Larger viewing area – the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
- Intuitive wallpaper picker – select any image that’s stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
2. Buzz Launcher
Another application that rejuvinates the homescreen and the entire ui of an Android device is the Buzz Launcher that has even won several awards like the best Personalization App for the Best App Ever Awards and the Best of Best Brand Identity for the Red Dot Awards. Buzz launcher is highly customizable and biggest advantage is that it is an ad-free application.
- Customize so much more than just your wallpaper or theme.
- Change between multiple smooth, fast, and easy Transition effects.
- View all Homepacks in a glance
- Apply new home screens at a touch of a button, instantly!
- Personalize your homescreen with robust icon, wallpaper editing features
- Download and implement completely free homescreens within 5 seconds!
- Share home screens with a single touch via Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!
- Explore unique widget features such as clock, date, and battery
- Create your own customized widget using Buzz Custom Widget (Free)!
- Show your Homepacks to your friends
3. Link Bubble Browser
One of the best browser for Android so far is the Link Bubble Browser having a brilliant feature is that while you click a link on the app, it loads that webpage in the background, leaving you free to keep using your current app rather than your precious time being wasted watching a page load. The application has been even recognized as the best app in 2014 by google play store.
- Link Bubble’s flick physics allow you to go from clicking a link to sharing a link or adding it to a service such as Pocket in little more than a second!
- Load multiple links from your current app at the same time (requires Pro).
- Light and dark themes (requires Pro).
- Reading Mode (requires Pro).
- Gracefully handles links that redirect to other apps. No longer does clicking an Instagram link in Twitter redirect to a full-screen browser before loading Instagram!
- Deep integration with the apps on your system.
- Locates embedded YouTube videos on web pages, and provides a shortcut to load those videos directly in the YouTube app.
- Handy stats that illustrate how much time you are saving by using Link Bubble.
4. EverthingMe Launcher
Awarded as the Top Developer on Google Play Store and also winning the Webby Award 2014 this app definitely is a fantastic Launcher that the iPhone users really miss badly.
- EverythingMe organizes your home screen. Automagically.
- Search for anything – FASTER. Type just one letter to get apps, contacts or info.
- Get personalized app recommendations based on what YOU care about
- EverythingMe anticipates your needs and surfaces the right apps and info
- Next time you miss a call, the contact will pop up right on your home screen, no action needed!
5. FoxFi (WiFi Tethering w/o Root)
This is surely one of the best apps that are not available for iPhone and I bet they will be desperately wanting it as because this Android app gives the opportunity to share the internet using WiFi/Bluetooth/USB. An all in one app for sharing internet with others.
- WiFi mode
- Bluetooth mode
- USB Tethering