In our last post How to Install CWM and Root Lenovo A6000 , we got a massive response from our viewers and we helped many of our friends rooting and helping in installing custom roms on their devices. As you might have seen on news about the sale of Lenovo A7000 which was sold on Flipkart on 22nd April, 2015. All of the units got sold in a fraction of seconds. Well if all the units where sold then it means that there are many users who would be willing to get this device rooted with a custom recovery of CWM. So the wait is over and we have brought you the Recovery files for installing CWM and root Lenovo A7000
How To Install CWM/TWRP Recovery And Root Lenovo A7000 Smartphone
DISCLAIMER : In no means we are responsible if you brick your phone or your SD card dies or your phone behaves abnormally. It is your sole and your own responsibility to root your phone. If you’re unable to boot up your device or cannot root then it is not our fault. We warned you already about this.
Things which you need to follow before :
- Take a backup of your data. We don’t guarantee if something is erased. Always take precautions .
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow previous step.
- Make sure the battery is 50% charged or more.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Lenovo Flash Tools
- Recovery image for Lenovo A7000 (Provided by puchupechu & Maxritz from xda forums)
How to Install CWM or TWRP Recovery in Lenovo A7000
Step 1 : Extract the Flash Tool – Lenovo A7000_techolite.com.zip file and then open flash_tool.exe
And then Select MT6752_Android_scatter.txt. It will automatically select the Lenovo A7000 model
Step 2 : Click on Options then Download and make sure DA DL all with Checksum is checked
Step 3 : Select the Download Only, and then click Download
Step 4 :
- Now just click on checkbox recovery and browse to the extracted files and locate recovery.img
- Turn off your Lenovo A7000 and remove the battery
- Click the big download button on top right and connect the phone with usb cable in switch off condition.
- Now you will see the red stripe showing download percentage.
Step 5 : Your phone is successfully installed CWM now
Steps to enter Recovery mode in Lenovo A7000
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button.
- When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen.
Custom Roms available here, check it out. Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter or hit the Plus button on Google Plus.
How to Root Lenovo A7000
- CWM or TWRP recovery installed ( The previous method which we did )
- SuperSu – Download it from here
Step 1: Copy the SuperSu.zip file in your SD card root folder
Step 2: Enter/Reboot to recovery mode on your device
Step 3: Select the SuperSu.zip file and click update to root Lenovo a7000
You can confirm your device is rooted or not by downloading the Root Check application from Playstore
[appbox googleplay com.jrummyapps.rootchecker]
Downloads & Requirements
Recovery Image & Supersu
- TWRP 184.108.40.206 Recovery Image [02-09-2016]
- Recovery Image 220.127.116.11