Lenovo A6000/Plus custom ROM development in 2018 is pretty much active and thanks to developer Harsh for his continuous contribution towards the device. Lenovo A6000 LineageOS is the successor of CyanogenMod that has been renamed by the developers of the community.
The LineageOS custom ROM is more secured with latest security patch and it comes with minimal features to sustain the performance of the device. Compiled with the sources of Android Nougat 7.1.1 it runs on 64 bit CPU architecture giving the privilege to install 64-bit applications on real runtime without any error. You can even install GApps under ARM64 to boost the performance of your Lenovo A6000 and Plus.
What is Lineage OS?
It is based on the Android Open Source Project that has been developed over years after succeeding over CyanogenMod. It is the aftermarket project that runs on Android 6 and later versions. The community people have been proficient enough to contribute towards the project throughout the time and have made it one of the best modified operating system for Android devices.
The source code for LineageOS can be found on Github repo under LineageOS. You can contribute towards the ongoing project by visiting the Gerrit Code Review.
DISCLAIMER: In no means, we are responsible if you brick your phone or your SD card dies or your phone behaves abnormally. It is your sole and your own responsibility to install the custom ROM on your phone. If you’re unaware of custom ROMs and its bugs then please do not go any further.
- TWRP must be installed
- Backup all your data.
- Battery to be charged above 60%
About the ROM
- Android Version: 4.4.4
- Compatible with: Lenovo A6000/Plus
- ROM type: CyanogenMod 11
- ROM Author: Harsh/XDA
Features of the ROM
- Rooted already
- Supersu Installed
- CM11 based soundtrack series
- Support status bar modify the clock style, battery style
- Overall smooth Needless to say, for those who prefer smooth oil use
- Lock screen shortcuts custom widgets support
- Modify theme styles
- Change fonts and font size
- Change Notification, Ringtone, and Alarm
- Supports DSP sound effect
- Interactive Screensaver
- Long press Home key to get recent views
- Support processor, IO scheduling modification
- Support for memory management, adjust the background occupancy
- System tweaks and performance upgrades
How To Install
Step 1: Copy the LineageOS and GApps to the SD card or internal storage
Step 2: Boot into Recovery
Step 3: Please take an entire backup of your current ROM through the TWRP recovery
Step 4: Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, system, data, internal storage
Step 5: Flash the ROM and then the GApps. If you wish to root then flash Magisk or Supersu
Step 6: Reboot (the first boot can take up to 2 minutes)
Update 14/04/2018 ChangeLogs:-
- SELinux enforced (Enjoy 100% privacy & security with Tez and all other banking apps)
- SafetyNet Green
- Kernel patched with all latest CVE patches till date for 3.10 kernel (maybe we are first 3.10 kernel to do it)
- PlayStore Certified already
- Latest CAF hals (audio display media)
- Enabled Dual-channel audio again (Enjoy your music)
- Disabled WLAN auto shutdown
- Vendor device-specific hardware code to align with caf policies
- Hardened kernel crypto rules for better security
- Oreo Bluetooth blob stack
- Fixed Headphone glitches and blue-tooth audio playback completely
- Android Binder backport from Linux 3.18 android kernel
- April Security Patch