Lenovo A6000/Plus MIUI 7 Custom ROM
MIUI 7 Custom ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus has a lot of new changes and bug fixes unlike MIUI 6 for previous versions which we had installed earlier, but the ROM is based on MIUI 6 but has most of the MIUI 7 features. A lot of users used to complain that the home screen used to lag, but in this version, the home screen is quite smooth. Also, the RAM which is available is 400-500 MB on first boot. After installing applications which run in the background like Facebook/WhatsApp/true-caller then the available RAM left is 100-200 MB. Overall we have found MIUI 7 to be very attractive, and after 5-6 hours of usage we have found it to be stable in terms of installation and working, but the ROM is bit laggy, we cannot guarantee that it will run smooth and without any glitches but as of now we haven’t found any major bugs. We’ll post the bugs once we find it and will try to get a fix for it too. Till then you can head over straight at the bottom of the post to download the MIUI 7 Custom ROM.
DISCLAIMER: By no means, we are responsible if you brick your phone or your SD card dies or your phone behaves abnormally. It is your sole and your own responsibility to install the custom ROM on your phone. If you’re unaware of custom ROMs and its bugs then please do not go any further.
1. Rooted device – You can read the guide here for rooting your Lenovo A6000/Plus
2. CWM installed – You can follow the tutorial here for installing CWM.
3. Custom Rom of MIUI 7 Custom ROM– Download it from below.
4. Google Services (Gapps) – Download it from here. ( This is the minimal edition)
5. Backup all your data.
About the ROM
Android Version: 4.4.4
Compatible: Lenovo A6000/Plus
ROM Type: MIUI 7 Custom ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus
ROM Version – 5.8.20 Beta [Updated 22nd August 2015]
ROM Size: 440 MB
ROM Author: Liuxingghost
Features of the ROM
- Smooth scroll
- Ram management
- Inbuilt app to release ram
- Support modify themes
- Support changing notification sounds
- One hand mode
- In-built music player
- Stream live music
- HD wallpapers
- Change live wallpapers
- much more..
How to install MIUI 7 Custom ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus:
Step 1: Copy both the files to your SD card
Step 2: Boot into Recovery (Follow the guide to goto recovery)
Step 3: Please take an entire backup of your current ROM through the CWM menu. So that you can restore it back if you fail to install the vivo custom ROM.
Step 4: Enter recovery
Step 5: Make full wipe including “system.”
Step 6: Flash the ROM and then the update
Step 7: Flash the gapps.
Step 8: Reboot (the first boot can take up to 2 minutes)
Screen Shots of the MIUI 7 Custom ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus
UPDATE & REVIEW
- After 3rd party application installation we found the performance to be going down rapidly
- RAM left is 100-200 after using few apps like facebook/truecaller/messenger
- The custom rom is attractive but slow
- Performance cannot be guaranteed as there are lots of background services running
- Battery backup is good if you’re not using tremendously
Download MIUI 7 Custom ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus – LA6000-MIUI-7-techolite.com.zip (password – techolite)
- 5.8.20 Beta [Updated 22nd August, 2015]