In this article we will be discussing about how to install custom recovery on Lenovo A6000 or Plus CWM or TWRP based on Kitkat 4.4.4. First you need to root your device by using the following guide and then you can flash Custom recovery on Lenovo A6000 or Plus. It is not that hard to root Lenovo A6000/Plus but you need patience to do the same. You need some resources to be installed on your Pc/Laptop and some files to be copied on your SD card which is inserted on your device.
WARNING : Rooting or installing a custom rom or recovery might brick your device or your device may act abnormally and you also lose the device warranty. You may even get a dead SD card which might not work or you can leave your device in a dead state. Before going through the entire tutorial please be advised that it is your own responsibility to go further. We’re not liable for any loss of data or any property of yours by any mean.
Please do the following things before you install custom recovery on Lenovo A6000 or Plus
- Make sure the device battery is upto 50% charged
- Take a backup of your data. We do not guarantee if something is erased. Always take precautions before any loss
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow previous step.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Connect your Lenovo A6000 smartphone to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer/This PC. ( You need to install the Lenovo Smartphone Drivers to get your device detected on your PC/Laptop)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
- Download the following Recovery.img and SuperSu Files for Lenovo A6000/Plus from the below:
How To Install Custom Recovery On Lenovo A6000 or Plus :
Step 1 : Extract the files which you downloaded.
Step 2 : Copy the recovery.img file to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C:Program FilesMinimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
Step 3 : Open the C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and press and hold shift key and right click anywhere inside the folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
Step 4 : Now in CMD type:
It will show something like this
Step 5 : Now type in the command box
adb reboot bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step 6: Now type again in the command bo
fastboot boot recovery.img
Once you get the finished message in the command box then type the following command to reboot Lenovo A6000.
Now you have successfully installed CWM on your Lenovo A6000 smartphone. Now you can root Lenovo A6000 or Lenovo A6000 Plus and flash custom roms or stock roms on your device. You can even take backups and restore it later if you brick your device while installing custom roms.