After the Lenovo A6000 Lollipop Update we lost the CWM/TWRP recovery and then we cannot flash the old one anymore on it. Now you can install TWRP recovery on Lenovo A6000 Lollipop updated the phone and then you can again revert back to your old Kitkat Rom on Lenovo A6000 or install any custom ROM. It is even possible to root your device after you install TWRP on Lenovo A6000 which is running on Lollipop 5.0.2 or above.
WARNING : Rooting or installing a custom rom or recovery might brick your device or your device may act abnormally and you also lose the device warranty. You may even get a dead SD card which might not work or you can leave your device in a dead state. Before going through the entire tutorial please be advised that it is your own responsibility to go further. We’re not liable for any loss of data or any property of yours by any mean.
Pre-Requisites To Install TWRP Recovery in Lenovo A6000 Lollipop
- Take a backup of your personal data (media, contacts, etc)
- Keep your device charged more than 50 %
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Connect your Lenovo A6000 smartphone to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer/This PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here
- Download the following TWRP recovery.img
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo A6000 Lollipop
Step 1: Extract Lenovo-A6000-Recovery-techolite.Com
Step 2: Copy the recovery.img file to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot orC: Program FilesMinimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
Step 3: Open C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and right click on py_cmd.exe and Run As Administrator
Step 4: Now in the command box type the following:
You will get this message :
Step 5: Now type in the command box
adb reboot bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step 6: Now type again in the command box
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
Once you get the finished message you will be taken to TWRP menu on your Lenovo A6000.
You have now installed the custom recovery on your Lenovo A6000 Lollipop updated phone, TWRP recovery will help you flash custom ROMs or stock ROMs. You can even revert back to Kitkat on Lenovo A6000/Plus also if you want to stay in Lollipop 5.0.2 then you can root your device by following the rooting guide.
TWRP Recovery On Lenovo A6000 & Plus For Lollipop 5.0.x [64 Bit]
- full support for SELinux
- mounting internal and external SDcard to the PC in MTP mode, and external SDcard in Mass Storage mode
- SDcard will work with file systems fat32, exFAT and NTFS (NTFS only in version 18.104.22.168)
- choice FS (ext2, ext3, ext4, f2fs, exFAT, fat32) to formatted partition ..
- removal of screenshots by clamping power + volume down (saved / sdcard / Pictures / Screenshots)
- full functionality adb
- Battery operation
- applied Materialised theme from z31s1g
- added the ability to set the img-files (for this go to the Install and in the top pane to switch to Install a Zip on the Install Image – for Materialised themes)