We had recently upgraded our Lenovo A6000 to Lollipop 5.0.2 which we got officially from the Lenovo OTA servers. Once you have updated your device you lose the root privileges and will have to install SuperSu once again. Now you can root Lenovo A6000 running on Lollipop 5.0 and above.
This is a simple guide just like we flashed TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000/Plus, rooting is also the same, and it requires only 1-3 minutes if the resources are ready.
Disclaimer: Rooting and flashing of custom ROM’s breaks the warranty of the device. You are sole responsible for the loss and we take no responsibility for this.
THINGS REQUIRED BEFORE WE ROOT LENOVO A6000 RUNNING ON LOLLIPOP
- Take a backup of your media files and your contacts
- Keep the battery charged above 50 % of your device
- Enable USB Debugging on your device
- Go to Settings > About Device and then press/click Build Number 8-10 times until you get the message “Developer mode active.“
- Go to > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Connect your Lenovo A6000 smartphone to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer/This PC.
HOW TO ROOT LENOVO A6000 RUNNING ON LOLLIPOP
Step 1: Extract Lenovo-A6000-Recovery-techolite.Com and copy the recovery.img file to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C: Program Files Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory
Step 2: Copy SuperSU-v2.46_techolite.Com.zip on your SD card
Step 3: Open C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and right click on py_cmd.exe and Run As Administrator
Step 4: Now in the command box type the following:
Step 5: Now type in the command box
adb reboot bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step 6: Now type again in the command box
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
Now it will take you to TWRP recovery menu where you will now be able to root Lenovo A6000/Plus
- Go to Install
- Now click one level above ( this will take you to your sd card location)
- Locate SuperSU-v2.47_techolite.Com.zip and click install
- Click Reboot > System
Congratulations! Now you have successfully rooted your Lenovo A6000 running on Lollipop. Now you can get the full freedom of your device and remove the unwanted applications that are pre-installed, you can also install the Xposed framework and its modules, you have also unlocked the installation of custom ROM’s based on Lollipop such as MIUI9, Marshmallow based ROM like AOKP. You can even install some ad blocking applications which will, of course, block the ads popping up on your device on running few applications.