Revert Back To Kitkat From Lollipop On Lenovo A6000

Since the Lollipop Update for Lenovo A6000 released, we have seen a number of our blog visitors complaining about the performance and the device lags. Now we are feeling to revert back to KitKat from Lollipop on Lenovo A6000 which was much better in terms of performance and had no lag issues. It is quite simple to revert back to KitKat just by installing a TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000 which is running on Lollipop and then flash the Stock Kitkat Rom for Lenovo A6000/Plus. Without wasting your time lets just go straight to the tutorial but before that please go through the warning message below.

Disclaimer: Rooting or installing a custom ROM breaks the warranty of the device. You are sole responsible for this and we take no liability if your SD card doesn’t work or any other loss.

PRE-REQUISITES FOR REVERTING BACK TO KITKAT FROM LOLLIPOP ON LENOVO A6000/PLUS

1. Please follow the guide for installing TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000 which is running on Lollipop
  2. Stock Rom for Lenovo A6000 which will help you to revert back to KitKat from Lollipop on your device.
  3. Keep the device battery charged above 50%
  4. Take the backup of your personal files and contacts

HOW TO REVERT BACK TO KITKAT FROM LOLLIPOP ON LENOVO A6000

METHOD 1: If you do not have the old KitKat Stock ROM

1. Download and Copy the Stock ROM  on your SD card
  2. Boot into Recovery by following the guide for installing TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000
  3. Make a full system wipe of Dalvik cache, data, cache etc using the “Format button”
  4. Go back the main screen and select “Install” and then press one level up and select the SD Card.
  5. Now select the Stock ROM zip file and “Swipe Install”
  6. When the message comes complete then “Reboot to System”

METHOD 2: If you have the old KitKat Stock ROM and on S052_150825

1. Download this zip file from and extract it using Winrar
  2. Extract the old stock ROM and then copy the META-INF and system folder from the newly downloaded file. Or just drag and drop to both the WinRAR files.
  3. It will ask you to overwrite the files, just select yes to all
  4. Now zip the file and follow from step 2 from METHOD 1

METHOD 3: If you have the old KitKat Stock ROM and on other Version

1. You need to edit UTC and DATE in the stock ROM which is the same on your Lollipop ROM
  2. Install Xplore file manager on your Lollipop Based Lenovo A6000 and check for the build.prop
  3. Now note down the UTC and DATE from the build.prop and edit the following files in your stock ROM on your pc using Notepad++
    • Build.prop
    • Build.prop.bakforspec
    • Updater-script \META-INF\com\google\android
    • Updater-script \META-INF\com\android
  4. Now follow from step 2 from METHOD 1

Please wait until the system reboots to the screen where you’ll be asked to setuKitKatat. The boot time will generally take 2-5 minutes, do not assume that your device has been bricked, please have the patience and be calm until it boots up finally. Generally, the first boot takes a little time, but you’ll definitely revert back to KitKat from Lollipop on Lenovo A6000 and Plus.

You might also like
27 Comments
  1. Kalyan Chowdhary says

Hloo guys..i was rooted my a6000 plus which is runing on kitkat..i was stuck in bootloader while flashing twrp recovery.. Please tell me how to install it

2. Bill says

Ok so i have been in a place where:I can acces twr,i have deleted everything on the phone.I want to install the official rom in my lenovo a6000 from the twr menu.I have downloaded the zip file:Kraft-A6000-s_S017_151016_WCEC but when i try to install it it just gives me an error! So my question is:Is something that i do wrong? Please reply as soon as you can.

3. muara says

How to revert back to kitkat from cm 12 ED300..please help me,explain step by step.sory my english.

4. azhar says

i am on custom rom 5.1.1.i have a6000+ .so i have to wipe system too in advance wipe or just dalvik cache,cahe.data only plzz sir answer me

5. KHAN says

I Have lenovo a6000 and its was lollipop 5.02 but today i had installed 6.0 Marshmallow .. i want to reinstall my default os.. kitkat or Lollipop. Can anyone help me?

6. Nikos says

Help!!! i did the method 1 just like it says! Now my mobile is stuck at the beggining screen doing nothing more!! I try to run bootloader again but it says “error: unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device” BUT which dialog!?? Its stock!! Please help!!

1. vasek says

Download Kitkat Recovery – LA6K_4.4.4_Stock_Rec_techolite.zip (7.7 MB) from
      Rename the file to kitkat-recovery.img and put it to your Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.

When the phone is in the Lenovo screen, you are able to connect to adb.

First I did this:
      1) adb devices
      2) adb reboot bootloader
      3) fastboot boot kitkat-recovery.img

Then I did this:
      1) adb devices
      2) adb reboot bootloader
      3) fastboot flash recovery kitkak-recovery.img

When the recovery is loaded on the phone, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm. Also wipe cache partition and confirm. Then reboot.

After that, the phone started and was working fine.

1. vasek says

Sorry for the first comment, the steps are opposite

First I did this (flash the stock recovery to the phone):
        1) adb devices
        2) adb reboot bootloader
        3) fastboot flash recovery kitkat-recovery.img

Then I did this (load the recovery so you can wipe data):
        1) adb devices
        2) adb reboot bootloader
        3) fastboot boot kitkat-recovery.img

Hope this helps!

7. Nilesh says

Thank you. Finally got away from that laggy Lollipop. The service center guys had said we cannot downgrade.

1. Hãríharan Bhaskar says

which method you used ???

1. Nilesh says

I have used method 1. while making system wipe go to advanced and check the boxes as required just format didnt work. This version has some bugs but dosent lag.

8. Nilesh says

1. Hãríharan Bhaskar says

which method you used ???

1. Nilesh says

9. Anand Prasad says

i am on cm 11 i want to go to stock rom on lenovo a6000+ will anyone hep me
    plzzz

1. Nilesh says

you can use the above mentioned method just make complete wipe before flashing.

10. Anand Prasad says

i am on cm 11 i want to go to stock rom on lenovo a6000+ will anyone hep me
    plzzz

1. Nilesh says

you can use the above mentioned method just make complete wipe before flashing.

1. azhar says

what do u mean by complete wipe

11. precluder says

Actually I realized something else too. We can’t simply copy the zip file ‘into’ internal storage. We need to copy it into a folder called ‘0’ which is the only folder ‘visible’ to twrp. Please don’t miss vital information.

12. precluder says

13. precluder says

As far as I see it, the author needs to change some of the instructions. The software provided here has a different interface compared to the description he provided in the write-up. The ‘format-data’ option provided in the tool, removes the stock-rom stored in internal card. One has to use the ‘advanced wipe” option to delete specific files like dalvik cache

14. precluder says

15. Jitendra Soni says

I’m on mokee rom, rooted. Can I directly go back to stock rom ? will that be up-gradable..lenovo has launched lollypop for A6000+

16. Jitendra Soni says

17. Vishwanath says

For me Method 1 worked.And this also solved issue related to GPS.Thanks-Vishwanath

18. Vishwanath says

19. Vishwanath says

For me Method 1 worked.And this also solved issue related to GPS

20. Vishwanath says

For me Method 1 worked.And this also solved issue related to GPS

21. Rajesh Sahore says

Dear Veer
    I risked doing the reboot, but now it is completely stuck at the Lenovo Logo. What seems to be the problem??
    I tried using the ADB to run the “fastboot boot recovery.img”, but am getting a message
    “FAILED (remote: dtb not found)

Please help

22. Rajesh Sahore says

Hi, I have done the above process step-by-step (method 1). After the flashing of the image, I have got the following message
    Patching firmware images…
    carrier SwitchToBack!
    script succeeded: result was [/system]
    Updating partition details…
    E:Unable to mount ‘/data’
    …done
    E:Unable to mount storage

Is this normal????

23. Twesh says

stucked at logo what to do now? please help quick..

24. Bharath Kumar Reddy says

hi i just updated my lenovo a6000 to lolipop nd facing lot of problem….as above stated i downloaded the stock file nd extracted it…..so nw witing to copy it to sd card …but have doubt after i transfer it sd card nd install it..vil it work properly…ndcome back to kit kat version ..plzz give suggestions……..

25. Gokul Krishna says

i am on lollipop 5.0.2 and i wd like to flash cm11 on my lenovo a6000+ . plzzz provide the procedure to do that

26. Uday Deep says

(method 1) problem
    when i format data it says unable to mount e/ but also says succesfull
    after when i select install and then stockrecovery.zip it restarts twrp in just a sec after i swipe for install plz help me fast

27. Uday Deep says

i have a problem when after formating , then i install the techolite444kitkatrom.zip it restarts the twrp and nothing happens it restarts in just a second after i swipe to install kitkat rom zip file plz help used method 1

28. Twesh says

stock rom link not working please update it…waiting ……….. :(

29. Hanif Zuhdi says

Hey, does this work on a6000+ ?

30. Raghuvaran P says

Method 1 is success for me..But when i give system update to lenovo a6000 kraft-6000_S040_150805 (kitkat update)and when it goes to recovery mode, it couldnt install the update. I think there is some problem in recovery..Do i have to flash stock kitkat recovery.? If yes, then tell me how to do it?

31. rt says

Hello Veer

I was following method 2, as my stock recovery shows S052_150825. I replaced the contents of Kraft-A6000_S032_150327_WCDB.zip with the folders extracted from the zip file as explained.
    I have done the following
    Flashed the device with TWRP recovery image (permanent flash)
    Rooted the device
    However, while trying to flash the device with A6000_S032_150327_WCDB.zip, flashing errors out saying cannot install from the Zip (No errors like trying to flash with a build older than the existing one etc), partition information updated it says.
    The recovery is replaced during the reboot with S052_150825 and once rebooted I am still on 5.0.2 aka S052_150825
    I ain’t sure where exactly the problem is, do you have additional workarounds?

regards,

raj

32. Satheesh Chandran says

Methode 1 Worked welllllll

1. techolite says

Welcome dear

2. Techolaty says

Welcome dear

3. Uday Deep says

how u have done it
      its not working on my lenovo a6000

33. Satyajit Korlam says

Download and Copy the Stock ROM on your SD card, this link is not working

34. Satyajit Korlam says

I am on stock rom lollipop, non-rooted but still i cant update using system update. I got 138 mb update over Lollipop, but i am unable to update it. lease help

35. Vishal Patil says

New update came for lolipop 138 mb !!

36. Dharmik Chauhan says

I am successfully back to kitkat but I am not able to update the stock Rom via system update. After updating its stuck on boot logo. Plz help

1. techolite says

Perhaps something went wrong. Let us know if you fixed it yet or not.

1. Dharmik Chauhan says

I tried that. It was not booting at all. And recovery was lost too. I flashed CWM recovery and phone started but I am back to the same old S32_150327 build now. But baseband version is showing A6000_A_0001_150825. Is it normal?

1. Ashutosh Taikar says

I think it is normal. But usually I see the same baseband version like the build.

1. Dharmik Chauhan says

Yes but I have lost the recovery now. Cant able to boot into fastboot.

2. Goc Vui Ve says

if you followed method number 2 i could confirm that the stock recovery is trully missing..

all you gotta do is adb to fasboot recovery and hotboot (temporary) stock recovery S032 (you may google to find it, if you couldn find the file you can PM me) then flash again S032 Stockrom (you will get original s032 recovery back)

Everything will revert to normal (Pure, no weird things), just like you bought a new phone.. and then you can update it to S040..

3. Dharmik Chauhan says

Well I searched google a lot but not able find S032 recovery. I have stock recovery of S035 but I am getting status 7 error while flashing stock ROM

4. AKS007 says

How to upgrade to S040?

2. Techolaty says

Perhaps something went wrong. Let us know if you fixed it yet or not.

37. shivam says

hey stucked at logo what to do now?

1. techolite says

I believe I replied you on the facebook group?

38. Debjit says

i tried the second method on my 6000plus, its not booting to kitkat, after flashing stock kitkat twrp shows sucess, but when i reboot it gets stuck on boot logo, i tried cleaning cache, dalvik, data before & after install but still the problem is same. admin please suggest me some fix.

39. Techolaty says

Sounds strange to me, it works definitely. Delete dalvik/cache/partition and then reset once you flash the rom.

40. techolite says

41. Techolaty says

Nop it doesn’t work. Still the SIM networks are not identified by the device.

42. techolite says

It’s updated now Shailesh. Thanks for informing us.

43. techolite says

Nop it doesn’t work. Still the SIM networks are not identified by the device.

44. Mr.A says

Guys you all stuck with the lenovo logo with this lollipop update and want solution for that just go to this site—>> http://brickedlenovoa6000.blogspot.in/

i know lollipop have lots of bugs ! but in that site u should at least run the phone and not say it is bricked !!

1. techolite says

Yup, it lets you unbrick the device. Thanks Mr.A

2. Techolaty says

Yup, it lets you unbrick the device. Thanks Mr.A

45. Aayush Mehta says

video not working…

46. Devendra Mehra says

Stuck at boot logo..
    Admin help …

1. techolite says

Did you make it work? Sorry for late reply.

1. Devendra Mehra says

Yeah..
        Cwm is available for lollipop or not???

1. Debjit says

how bro devendra, mine stuck on boot logo, tried in many way but so success. can u tell me how did u fixed it?

1. Devendra Mehra says

Debjit..
            As u told u flashed by 2nd method…
            That means now you have KitKat.. but phone stucked at boot logo…
            Now you can flash cwm recovery…
            For flashing cwm recovery you should check techolite’s post on how to flash cwm recovery on Lenovo a6000/plus running on kitkat…
            Then when cwm recovery installed…
            Wipe cache..DATA… dalvik cache…
            Done

2. Debjit says

i tried booting cwm in that time but no sucess, will try flashing now.

3. Debjit says

did but no sucess. also tried the method 3 but result is same, can u tell me exactly what u did in step by step.?? will be helpful for me.

4. Tomas says

Hello Devendra, I have flashed with a method 1. It says “Successful”, after reboot stuck at boot logo.
            How can I recover??? Any ideas?
            Thanks in advance.

2. Techolaty says

Did you make it work? Sorry for late reply.

47. Devendra Mehra says

Stuck at boot logo

48. Devendra Mehra says

Tried all method…
    Getting error in flashing stock and cm11
    Please help bro

49. Devendra Mehra says

Error in flashing stock..cm 11 by above method..
    What to do ???
    Please help bro

50. Sunil Athavale says

I flashed 5.0.2 and as usual due to lag i had rooted the phone in expectation that after removal of security app etc it will speed up. There was no improvement observed so I reflashed CM11 and after that the phone got bricked and now doesnt detect anything and gives error like cant mount data and sd card etc and just lenovo logo is seen. Pls help and suggest a remedy…I am in a position to enter in the bootloader(volume down and power?) and thats how I amy be able to flash the recovery…however it doesnt go beyond that!

1. Debjit says

try flashing the 5.0.2 again, your phone will back to normal

51. DEBJIT says

also i hv read somewhere that the 12.1 is now bug free ( sim & camera fixed), can u confirm??

52. Shailesh Sharma says

Link provided for Stock Rom is not working.

53. Jandale Oreiro says

Could i just flash something like cm11 because stock rom is too much to download

1. techolite says

If you have the CM11 then follow Method 3.

2. Techolaty says

If you have the CM11 then follow Method 3.

54. DEBJIT says

i have my cwm backup, how can i make a flashable zip?? my internet is limited so not able to download from ur site. please help me.

1. techolite says

1. Extract the system.ext and then data.ext.
      2. Copy META-INF from the stock rom if you have of Kitkat.
      3. Take the stock recovery as well
      4. Follow Method 3.
      5. Zip the file and flash.

1. debjit says

i hv tried with winzip & 7zip but didn’t succeeded to extract, as the file in 2 parts, because the file is in 2 parts system.ext4.tar.a & system.ext4.tar.b .. any help??

2. Techolaty says

1. Extract the system.ext and then data.ext.
      2. Copy META-INF from the stock rom if you have of Kitkat.
      3. Take the stock recovery as well
      4. Follow Method 3.
      5. Zip the file and flash.