Lenovo A6000 Mokee 5.1 Custom ROM With Font Fix
Once again Lenovo A6000/Plus users there is wonderful news for you that another Lollipop based Custom ROM is out for your device named Mokee 5.1 which has been developed by Stuep Dec and is stable and performance is incredibly fast but with only one bug and that is the FM radio. But overall it is quite amazing unlike the CyanogenMod 12.1 which still had the wifi bug in it. Well after two days of usage we can conclude that Lenovo A6000 Mokee 5.1 Custom ROM is a good alternative for the stock Lollipop Vibe UI and can be modified, designed and molded well. The battery performance is not pretty good by default, but if you install Greenify, then it will give you a better battery backup as it hibernates the running apps in the background.
Please read the guide very carefully as it is a little bit lengthy, but you will be able to install Mokee 5.1 on your Lenovo A6000 within 5-10 minutes.
DISCLAIMER : We will not be responsible if your brick your device or your SD card doesn’t work anymore. Flashing or rooting devices breaks the warranty of your device. It is your sole responsibility to go any further, Techolite will not be bearing any loss incurred by you.
How To Install Mokee 5.1 on Lenovo A6000?
For installing Mokee 5.1 on your device, you will require certain files and guides to be followed.
- Your device should be on Stock Lollipop ROM
- If not then please Flash Lollipop ROM from here
- Install TWRP Recovery from here
- Download Mokee 5.1 Custom ROM from here
- Google Services (Gapps) – Download it from here
About The Rom :
Android Version: 5.1
Compatible: Lenovo A6000
ROM Type: Unofficial Mokee 5.1
ROM Size: 287 MB
ROM Author/Credits: Stuep Dec
Installing Mokee 5.1 on Lenovo A6000
Step 1: Copy the Mokee 5.1 Custom ROM and GApps in your SD card
Step 2: Boot into Recovery
- Switch off your device
- Now press Volume Down + Power Button together for 2-5 seconds until you see the bootloader
- Connect the USB to your PC/Laptop and then flash TWRP recovery (read the guide here)
Step 3: Make full wipe including “system” (data, Dalvik, system, cache)
Step 4: Now go back and click install and then click one level up
Step 5: Search for the Mokee 5.1 Custom ROM and flash it
Step 6: Reboot (the first boot can take up to 2 minutes)
Features of the ROM
- No Bloat-wares
- Ram Management
- Lite ROM
- Premium Themes
- Guest Mode
- WiFi Tethering
HINDI OR ANY INDIAN FONT FIX
If you’re facing Blank Space or Box type messages while reading Hindi/Tamil/Marathi/etc. messages then here is the fix for the following.
- You need your device to be rooted – follow the guide here to root
- Download the Indian Font from here
- Go to File Manager > Settings > General Options > Advanced > Access Mode > Select Root Access Mode
How To Fix The Font Problem
- Extract the Indian Font Zip File and copy the DroidHindi & DroidSansFallback.ttf to your SD Card or Internal Storage
- Open File Manager and then Click ≡ then go to System Folder > Fonts and paste the DroidSansFallback.ttf file
- Now press and hold the DroidHindi & DroidSansFallback.ttf and select Properties > Permissions and then tick R and W for Owner (Check the screenshots below)
- Reboot your device
Special thanks to Stuep Dec/Kush Bajaj/ Harshit Jain/ Shivansh Khare
How to Write in Regional Fonts
To write in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, etc. Here are the links for the keyboard which you need to use. Make sure you have installed above font file to render it correctly.
Hindi / Marathi / Kannada Keyboard: Play Store Download
Bangla Keyboard: Download
Gujarati Keyboard: Download
Punjabi Keyboard: Download
Telegu Keyboard: Download
Malayalam Keyboard: Download
Urdu / Arabic Keyboard: Download