Lenovo A5000 users can root their device with or without a PC/laptop. All you have to do is install Kingroot application on your smartphone and then easily root it without the help of a PC/laptop and also using the Flashify app you can install a custom recovery. Now the question arises how to root Lenovo A5000 & Install TWRP using a PC/laptop, for that you’ll have to follow the guide below. There are two methods to root your device and install TWRP recovery, and that is using ADB Fastboot method or by using SP Flash Tool.
How To Root Lenovo A5000 & Install TWRP
DISCLAIMER : In no means we are responsible if you brick your phone or your SD card dies or your phone behaves abnormally. It is your sole and your own responsibility to root your phone.
Things which you need to follow before:
- Take a backup of your data. We don’t guarantee if something is erased. Always take precautions.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow the previous step.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Connect your Lenovo A5000 smartphone to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer/This PC.
METHOD 1 USING ADB FASTBOOT
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
- Download the following Recovery.img and SuperSu Files for Lenovo A5000/Plus from the below:
Installing TWRP On Lenovo A5000
Step 1: Extract the files which you downloaded.
Step 2: Copy the recovery.Img file to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C: Program FilesMinimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
Step 3: Open the C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and press and hold the shift key and right click anywhere inside the folder at the space and choose open command window here.
Step 4: Now in CMD type:
It will show something like this
Step 5: Now type
ADB reboot bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step 6: Now type
fast boot boot recovery.img
Once flashed type the following command to reboot Lenovo A5000.
Now you have successfully installed TWRP on your Lenovo A5000 smartphone. The next step would be rooting your device.
Rooting Lenovo A5000
Step 1: Copy the downloaded file Root-SuperSU-v2.46.zip in the root folder of your SD card.
Step 2: Now in CMD type:
ADB reboot recovery
Now your device will boot Lenovo A5000 into Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Once you land into the Recovery Mode, choose install from SD card and choose Root-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
Step 4: When the installation is done, Reboot your device.
Step 5: Download Root Checker app from Play store and check your device status.
METHOD 2 USING Sp Flash Tool
How to Install TWRP Recovery in Lenovo A5000
Step 1: Extract the Flash Tool – Sp-flash-tool-techolite.zip file and then run flash_tool.exe (run as administrator)
then Select MT6582M_Android_scatter.txt. It will automatically select the Lenovo A5000 model
Step 2: Click on Options then Download and make sure both of them are checked
Step 3: Select the Download Only, and then click Download
- Now just click on checkbox recovery and browse to the extracted files and locate recovery.img
- Turn off your Lenovo A5000
- Click the big download button on top right and connect the phone with USB cable in switch off condition.
- Now you will see the red stripe showing download percentage
Step 5: Your phone is successfully installed TWRP now
Steps to enter Recovery mode in Lenovo A5000
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button.
- When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen.