We have been receiving messages and emails on our Facebook page a lot after Lenovo released Lollipop update for Lenovo A5000 which is quite lagging and have lots of bugs. So we were receiving messages like “How to roll back to KitKat on Lenovo A5000”, or “How to downgrade from lollipop to KitKat on Lenovo A5000”. Well, we already did once for Lenovo A6000 when our blog visitors were not able to use Lollipop properly. So here in this article, we will help you to revert back to KitKat from lollipop on Lenovo A5000 which will let you use your device with ease and comfort.
Problems being faced after Lollipop update on Lenovo A5000
- Phone is heating so much even in basic operations
- Heat, when phone is charging, is very high (phone and charger)
- Too much lagging and freezing in many applications
- Weather application is gone
- App for cleaning memory is gone too
- Battery draining is quickly
- Wifi icon is always on it doesn’t matter if wifi is on or off
- Camera quality went down, looks like two mp on front camera
Revert Back To Kitkat From Lollipop On Lenovo A5000
WARNING: Rooting or installing a custom ROM or recovery might brick your device, or your device may act abnormally, and you also lose the device warranty. You may even get a dead SD card which might not work or you can leave your device in a dead state. Before going through the entire tutorial, please be advised that it is your responsibility to go further. We’re not liable for any loss of data or any property of yours by any mean.
- Kitkat Rollback Firmware – Download it from here
- SP Flash Tools – Included in Kitkat Rollback Firmware
- Lenovo USB Drivers – Included in Kitkat Rollback Firmware
- Device battery should be charged above 50 %
- Please take the backup of contacts and personal media because everything will be removed after the downgrade
How To Revert Back To Kitkat From Lollipop On Lenovo A5000
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow previous step.
Step 1: Extract the 4.4 v30.zip. You will see three folders which include the firmware, sp flash tools and drivers for PC. Open the folder named SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01 and run flash_tool.exe (run as administrator) after that Select MT6582M_Android_scatter.txt. It will automatically select the Lenovo A5000 model
Step 2: Click on Options then Download and make sure both of them are checked
Step 3: Select the Download Only, and then click Download
- Now just click on checkbox recovery and browse to the extracted files and locate recovery.img
- Turn off your Lenovo A5000
- Click the big download button on top left and connect the phone with USB cable in switch off condition
- Press Volume Button up button two times
- Now you will see the red stripe showing download percentage
Step 5: Your Lenovo A5000 has finally reverted to KitKat from lollipop
- None, everything is working fine.