A very good news for Lenovo K4 Note users, finally and very quickly Android Marshmallow 6.0 update has been released and we can assure that it is pretty much better than Lollipop. Lenovo K4 Note Marshmallow 6.0 Update can be downloaded and installed very easily on your smartphone. Lenovo has officially not yet disclosed the date of release for Android M for Lenovo K4 Note for Indian users but we have got our hands on it already from Thailand forums which was officially released and we would be glad to share and let you experience the new operating system for your device. This release is official and might contain bug which can be fixed later by the lenovo team, but so far after using it we haven’t found any bugs but the speed and performance on android marshmallow on Lenovo K4 Note has increased immensely.
Lenovo K4 Note Marshmallow 6.0 Update
- Drivers – Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader_Techolite.zip
- Lenovo K4 Note Lollipop Stock Rom – A7010a48_S147_160113_ROW_Techolite_com (No need to download if you are already on A7010a48_S152_160302_ROW)
- Lenovo K4 Note Marshmallow 6.0 Stock Rom – A7010a48_S152_160302_ROW_TO_A7010a48_S200_160309_ROW_WC19FA0C1E.zip (rename it to update.zip)
- Keep your smartphone’s battery charged upto 70%
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings > About > Tap Build Number 10 times until you get the “Developer Mode Enabled” message. After that go back and open Developer Options from Settings and tick “USB Debugging”
How To Upgrade To Marshmallow 6.0 On Lenovo K4 Note
- Extract Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader and then open Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader\Auto Installation and run Instalar.bat as administrator
- Extract 7010a48_S147_160113_ROW_Techolite_com and run LenovoUsbDriver_1.1.16.exe
- Restart your pc/computer once else your device won’t be detected
- Connect your Lenovo K4 Note once using USB and let the computer detect it
- Open the 7010a48_S147_160113_ROW_Techolite_com > A7010_flashtool_v5.1536.00 folder and run flash_tool.exe (run as administrator)
- Once the Flash Tool opens > Click Scatter Loading > Select MT6753_Android_scatter.txt
- Click Download Button from the top of the Flash Tools
- Now turn off your Lenovo K4 Note and connect it to your computer using USB Cable
- Once done > Reboot your device and follow the instructions settings
- Now connect to WiFi on your device and goto Settings > About Phone > System Updates and download all the three updates one by one
- Update 1 – A7010a48_S147_160113_ROW_TO_A7010a48_S148_160201_ROW
- Update 2 – A7010a48_S148_160201_ROW_TO_A7010a48_S150_160219_ROW
- Update 3 – A7010a48_S150_160219_ROW_TO_A7010a48_S152_160302_ROW
- Now copy the update.zip file on your SD card
- Enter recovery mode on your device by Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button all together
- Release the Power Button until you see the recovery menu and then release the power buttons as well when the Lenovo Logo appears
- Now select update from sd card and then select update.zip
- Wait till it is installed. Even if you get error message then reboot
- Reset your device once and you are done.
NOTE : If you are already on A7010a48_S152_160302_ROW then follow the steps from 11- 16.
A special thanks and all the credits goes to Adriano Cesar de Oliveira Santos. Also if you’ve any doubt or error while installing the Marshmallow Rom on your Lenovo K4 Note then feel free to comment below and don’t forget to share with your friends and exchange the reviews of the newly installing rom your device. Have fun and enjoy!
Official firmware – Lenovo_A7010a48_S219_160810_ROW (1.8G)