In this article we will guide you how to root Lenovo A536 and install TWRP recovery in very simple and easy steps. On our Facebook Group one of our members requested for the tutorial on rooting his Lenovo A536 and install a custom recovery so that he can perform his relevant jobs on it. While going through the procedure we would like to let you know about the tools that are required to install custom recovery are SP Flash Tools, Lenovo Drivers and of course the TWRP recovery image which you can find it below in this article.
How To Root Lenovo A536 and Install TWRP
DISCLAIMER : Rooting or Flashing Custom Recoveries/Roms can brick your device. We at Techolite do not take any kind of responsibilities if your phone doesn’t boots up or your SD card is dead. It is your sole responsibility to root or flash custom roms and recoveries and bear the loss if incurred in the process.
- Lenovo Drivers For PC – Lenovo-Drivers-Techolite.com.zip
- SP Flashtool
- Recovery – Lenovo-A536-Recovery-Techolite.com.zip
Steps To Root Lenovo A536
- Extract and install Lenovo-Drivers-Techolite.com on your pc and then reboot your pc
- Extract SP Flashtool on your Desktop
- Now on your Lenovo A536 goto Settings > About Phone and then continuously tap on Build Number until you get a message “Developer Mode Enabled”
- Go back and then you will see Developer Options under Settings and tick the USB Debugging
- Copy the SuperSu_v2.49.zip on your SD card of your smartphone
- Now open the SP Flashtool folder and paste the recovery.img & MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
- In the SP Flashtool folder right click on flash_tool.exe and run as administrator
- When the SP Flash tool window opens > Click on scatter loading and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
- Click on Download from the top
- Now switch off your Lenovo A536, remove the battery and then connect it to your pc/laptop using USB cable and press the Volume Up button two times. This should flash the custom recovery on your device and give a successful message on the SP Flash Tool Window
- Turn off the phone while it is connected to the pc and then disconnect and reboot
Congratulations now you have successfully installed custom recovery TWRP on your Lenovo A536
Steps To Root Lenovo A536
- While you have disconnected your device from the pc and kept it switched off press Volume up and Down + Power button together for few seconds until you see the “recovery menu“
- Now select install
- Select external sd and then select SuperSu_v2.49.zip
- Reboot your device
- Now check if your device is rooted by installing root checker application from Google playstore
NOTE : If you do not wish to go through such long procedure then you can always opt for Kingroot application on your phone and root it, followed by you can install Flashify application to install the custom recovery.
If you wish to revert back to stock recovery then you will have to follow the same steps as above but download the stock recovery and flash it. Download the stock recovery from here and flash the stock recovery in case you require to install OTA updates or stock rom.