Recently Lenovo has released marshmallow update over the air for Lenovo A7000 which you can download and install manually as well from this post Download Lenovo A7000 Marshmallow 6.0 Rom [Official]. After the Marshmallow update the root privileges is gone and for that you need to root your device once again. The old method and custom recovery will not work which was built for Lollipop, so in this article we will help you to root your Lenovo A7000 running on marshmallow 6.0 using SP Flash Tools and this method is hassle free and quite easy to perform. All you need is SP Flash tools, the drivers installed and the custom recovery which you can find it from the pre-requisites section.
DISCLAIMER : Rooting or Flashing Custom Recoveries/Roms can brick your device. We at Techolite do not take any kind of responsibilities if your phone doesn’t boots up or your SD card is dead. It is your sole responsibility to root or flash custom roms and recoveries and bear the loss if incurred in the process.
- SP Flash Tools
- Lenovo Drivers
- TWRP Custom Recovery
- Battery charged above 50 %
- USB Debugging On
- SP Flash Tools + Lenovo Drivers + TWRP Recovery + Super Su – LA7K_SP_MM_TECHOLITE.zip (78 MB)
- TWRP by Rohan – TWRP-3.0.2-1
- Latest – TWRP-3.0.2-5_Techolite.com.zip
How To Install TWRP On Lenovo A7000
Extract the LA7K_SP_MM_TECHOLITE.zip and install the LenovoUsbDriver_autorun_1.1.13_user.exe
- Now on your Lenovo A7000 goto Settings > About Phone and then continuously tap on Build Number until you get a message “Developer Mode Enabled”
- Go back and then you will see Developer Options under Settings and tick the USB Debugging
- Copy the SuperSu_v2.49.zip on your SD card of your Phone
- Now open the SP Flashtool folder and paste the recovery.img & MT6752_Android_scatter.txt
- In the SP Flashtool folder right click on flash_tool.exe and run as administrator
- When the SP Flash tool window opens > Click on scatter loading and select MT6752_Android_scatter.txt
- Click on Download from the top
- Now switch off your Lenovo A7000 and then connect it to your pc/laptop using USB cable and press the Volume Up button two times. This should flash the custom recovery on your device and give a successful message on the SP Flash Tool Window
How To Root Lenovo A7000 Running On Marshmallow
- While you have disconnected your device from the pc and kept it switched off press Volume up and Down button together for few seconds until you see the “recovery menu“
- Now select install
- Select external sd and then select SuperSu_v2.49.zip
- Reboot your device
- Now check if your device is rooted by installing root checker application from Google playstore
[appbox googleplay com.joeykrim.rootcheck]
kindly reply asap
u have skipped step 4th:Now open the SP Flashtool folder and paste the recovery.img & MT6752_Android_scatter.txt::in tutorial video
and u have flashed both recovery.img and boot.img
is it necessary to flash both one??
is any problem arises if we have flashed only recovery.img??
I merged my sd card with phone memory!
In the recovery mode, I can’t find the SuperSU zip file
What could I do now?
No one can answer the questions! This is will wasting your time..
What is your question?
Am askin .. should i use da same sd carkd after root .. or can i change it ?
You can use the same SD card, or if you want to use another one then you can use it.
Hi when i start SP Flash tool nothing is downloading I have sit for an 15 minutes next to it and still nothing. I followed all steps. Why is this happening? Help please.
You need to install the drivers first. Have you install the mtk drivers as well?