Coolpad had recently released the Marshmallow update for Coolpad Note 3. With the fast on going development of the device and the most dedicated developer Md. Rajaul we have the great opportunity to taste the new custom roms being ported by him. Yet they’re not perfect and stable but for sure he is bringing the most out of this device.
Coolpad Note 3 XUI Marshmallow custom rom is packed with features which is going to enhance your device and groove you with a rich experience. It packs with online backup facility, turbo downloader, pre-rooted, good battery backup which we require the most after the official marshmallow update that ruined the battery backup.
Overall this rom is focused more on xposed framework and gravity box, there are plenty of modules that can be installed for xposed framework and about gravity box you can check in the “features” section below.
DISCLAIMER : Please be advised that Techolite or its authors are not liable at any cost if you brick your device or the data is lost, it is suggested that you take a back up of your current rom and data. Installing/Flashing/Rooting custom roms & custom recoveries are risky, you’re sole responsible for everything.
- Coolpad Note 3 XUI Marshmallow Custom Rom (Rooted) – Firmware
- TWRP Custom Recovery – Read the guide from here
Features Of XUI Marshmallow Custom Rom
- Online cloud backup facility
- Theme store
- Font store
- Gapps included
- Turbo Download
- System manager (Mobile cleanup, App manager, App lock, Bandwidth manager, Harassment block, Power manager)
- Very smooth
- Good battery backup
- Camera Fixed (8mb but click good quality pictures)
- FM fixed (earphone as well as speaker)
- Low sound fixed.
- Xposed and gravity box working.
- Better Responsiveness & Speed
- Fast browser
About The Rom
Rom Type : XUI
Rom Version : V010
Android Version : 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Author /Credits : Md. Rajaul
Size : 1 GB
Step 1 : Copy the Coolpad Note 3 XUI Marshmallow Custom Rom to your SD Card
Step 2 : Now go to TWRP recovery menu (follow this guide to install TWRP)
Step 3 : Boot into TWRP recovery menu and select Wipe > Advance wipe & select Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Cache, Data and “Swipe to Wipe”
Step 4 : Go back and click Install > (Up A Level) > external_sd > select the firmware
Step 5 : Once it is done then Reboot
- smart gestures not working
- Camera 8 mp
- PIP mode in camera not working
Xposed & Gravity Box Installation
- First install XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk (Only install and don’t open)
- Then install GravityBox_MM (Only install and don’t open)
- Then reboot into recovery and Install xposed-v85-sdk23-arm64.zip
- Open Xposed installer – Go to modules and tick on gravity box. Again Go to framework and click on “Reboot”, If reboot fail’s then reboot manually.
- Open gravity box and start modding your phone as per your wish.
Note : After successful installation of Xposed through recovery the phone will be in boot logo for a prolonged period of time, so do not lose patience, on each reboot you will be able to see the percentage of process increases
Feature Gravity Box
- CyanogenMod Pie controls
- Expanded Desktop
- Status bar Quick Settings tile management with additional tiles and reordering /* work in progress */
- Status bar icon coloring
- Status bar Brightness Control
- Center clock in status bar
- Battery indicator style
- Navigation bar tweaks including cursor control keys
- Low battery warning policy
- Disable LED flashing when battery low
- Disable LED while charging
- Advanced power-off menu (reboot, recovery)
- Volume key cursor control
- Skip tracks by volume key long-press while screen off (thanks to rovo89)
- More volume levels for music stream
- Option to control safe headset media volume
- Button for clearing all recent tasks at once
- Minimal brightness setting
- Auto brightness levels adjustment
- Lock screen tweaks
- Hardware/navigation key actions
- Notification drawer style (background color, image for portrait/landscape, transparency)
- Button back light modes (default, disabled, always on while screen is on)
- Dialer (Phone) tweaks
- Google Launcher tweaks
- Screen recording
- Gravity Box Actions – interface for 3rd party apps
- Smart Radio
- Notification control (per-app notification LED/sounds/vibrations)
- Ascending ring tone
Hello Veer Amrit Singh Coolpad and qihoo launch a device qiku terra 808 in india, if u can built MIUI or CM12.1 rom for it.
When the next update
need arabic rom for my coolpad note 3
it support languages?