How To Root Lenovo K5 Plus and Install TWRP Custom Recovery
Lenovo K5 Plus is one of the best budget smartphone by Lenovo for most of the age group users and it is packed with a lot of high end hardware which really makes the device a powerful performer.
In this article we will discuss on how to root Lenovo K5 Plus and install TWRP custom recovery on it so you can install custom roms and explore more from this powerful device. Installing TWRP custom recovery helps you in several ways, such as it lets you take an entire backup of your stock rom which comes out of the box, it helps you root your device which gives you privileges to uninstall certain apps which comes pre-installed, block ads on browser, applications, games and much more.
The Lenovo K5 Plus has an octa-core processor based on 64 bit Qualcomm Snapdragon cpu architecture and packs with 2 GB of RAM, it has 16 GB of internal memory with a 5.0 “(1920 x 1080) Full HD IPS display, it also has 13 MP rear and 5 MP front camera. The battery backup is consistent as it has 2750 mAh battery with dual sim support and blue-tooth 4.1 connectivity.
DISCLAIMER : Rooting device breaks the warranty of the device which means you are solely liable for the loss of it. Techolite and its authors are not responsible for any loss of your property such as your device doesn’t boots or your SD card is dead. It is your responsibility to know the consequences of rooting, flashing and other developer methods.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Lenovo K5 Plus
- Download & install Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here (complete guide to install)
- LenovoA6020_TWRP-3.0.2-r3.img – recovery.img (12.6 MB) (Copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
- Make sure the battery is 70 % charged or above
- Take a backup of your personal data
- Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from Setting > Developer Option >
- To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now open Minimal ADB and Fastboot and press shift button on your keyboard and then right click on your mouse and select open command window here
- Now connect your phone to the PC/laptop and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- You must check if the drivers has been installed properly and is working significantly. You will get to see the listed devices connected to your pc/laptop by typing the following command
- Now flash the TWRP recovery by typing the following command on the cmd window
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Congratulations! You have successfully install TWRP custom recovery, now we will root the device (optional)
How To Root Lenovo K5 Plus
- TWRP Custom Recovery – We have already installed it in the above method
- SuperSU-v2.67_techolite.com.zip (Download and copy it on your SD Card)
- Boot your Lenovo K5 Plus into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power button
- In the TWRP menu goto install
and select SuperSU-v2.67_techolite.com.zip
- Swipe to flash
- Congratulations now you have successfully rooted your Lenovo K5 Plus
NOTE : To check your device has been rooted and has root priviledges or not, you can download Root Checker App from Google Play Store and check. You will get the following message on your device while checking on the app.