- 1 How To Unlock Bootloader, Root Lenovo K6 Power & Install TWRP Custom Recovery
- 1.1 THINGS REQUIRED BEFORE WE ROOT LENOVO K6 POWER
- 1.2 How To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo K6 Power
- 1.3 How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Lenovo K6 Power
- 1.4 How To Root Lenovo K6 Power
Welcome Lenovo smartphone users now you can root Lenovo K6 Power and install TWRP custom recovery, if you have recently purchased the device then you might be amazed by its performance and stability, but there are few advanced users who want to get the maximum from their device by rooting and giving special privileges like root access to certain applications like xposed framework, greenify etc.
In the following article, we will help you root Lenovo K6 Power smartphone and install supersu which lets you access the root folders on your device. By rooting you will open the hidden doors which block certain applications access, if you’re not familiar with rooting or installing custom firmware’s then let us give you a quick information about it, we believe you have already got the information about rooting, so coming to custom ROM’s and recoveries – a custom recovery is custom menu for installing custom ROM’s.
By rooting you will open the hidden doors which block certain applications access, if you’re not familiar with rooting or installing custom firmware’s then let us give you a quick information about it, we believe you have already got the information about rooting, so coming to custom firmware’s and recoveries – a custom recovery is custom menu for installing custom ROMs and rooting a device, so here you might be again confused with the following that how will we root the device then without installing a custom recovery, well there are two ways to root a device and that is by installing Kingroot application which can be installed using simple android installer and the other way of rooting is by using a computer.
Lenovo K6 Power is a budget smartphone with powerful hardware at its cost which consists of 3GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and expandable up to 128 GB using a micro SD card. It is built with 5.0 inch full HD screen and packed with 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera which we see in most of the other smartphones as well. One of the best thing about this smartphone is that it has a huge battery of 4000 mAH and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor with Adreno 505 GPU which makes your graphics fluid and look stunning also it has VoLTE support.
To root Lenovo K6 Power first, we have to unlock the bootloader and then install TWRP custom recovery followed by Supersu which roots the device. Please follow the tutorial carefully as it is a little bit long but it is quite easy if you read it once and then follow step by step.
How To Unlock Bootloader, Root Lenovo K6 Power & Install TWRP Custom Recovery
THINGS REQUIRED BEFORE WE ROOT LENOVO K6 POWER
- Take a backup of your media files and your contacts
- Keep the battery charged above 50 % of your device
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM unlock on your device
- Goto Settings > About Device and then press Build Number 8-10 times until you get the message “Developer mode active“
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > Tick USB Debugging & Enable OEM unlock
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo K6 Power
To unlock Lenovo K6 Power bootloader you will have to download certain things below and follow the steps carefully.
- Extract Lenovo USB Driver zip file and install Lenovo_USB_Driver_1.1.34_Setup.exe on your computer
- Extract Lenovo K6 Power Bootloader Unlock zip files
- Connect your Lenovo K6 Power to your computer using USB cable
- Run Unlock_Bootloader.exe as administrator (Right click and run as administrator)
- On your device screen, you will get a notification to allow USB Debugging, allow it and it will reboot
Congratulations! Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device. Now you will be able to go the next step and install TWRP custom recovery.
CAUTION: Unlocking bootloader will erase everything from your device that includes media files such as music, photos, videos and also the applications installed from Google Play Store. So please take the backup of your personal files and contacts.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Lenovo K6 Power
- Extract LK6P TWRP 3.0.3 zip file on your computer
- Connect your Lenovo K6 Power using USB cable to your computer
- Run Flash-TWRP.exe on your computer
- You will get the following message on your computer screen and your device will reboot to TWRP custom recovery menu
Congratulations! Now TWRP custom recovery is installed successfully on your Lenovo K6 Power. Now the next step would be to install SuperSu which will root your device.
How To Root Lenovo K6 Power
- Copy the SuperSu zip file on your SD Card or internal memory of your smartphone
- Reboot to TWRP custom recovery
- Turn off your device
- Press and keep holding the Volume Up Button + Power Button for 3-5 seconds until you get a vibration and see the TWRP logo
- Now you have successfully entered TWRP menu
- Go to Install and navigate to the SuperSu file which you have copied
- Select it and swipe to install
- Clear Dalvik/Cache and then reboot the device to system
Congratulations! All the necessary steps have been performed and now your Lenovo K6 Power is rooted.
For video tutorial, you can visit this link