Moto G5S Plus is one of the best budget smartphones with a powerful processor and RAM. But what is the actual benefit of keeping such beast without exploring the real power of it? How To Unlock Moto G5S Plus Bootloader and install TWRP are the first things that come to our mind who wants to explore the device more.
In this article, we will discuss in detail on how to unlock the bootloader of Moto G5S Plus in a very easy and noob friendly way, you will just have to read the tutorial once and then follow the instruction step by step.
Moto G5S Plus is powered by Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor which is boosted by 4 GB of RAM for better performance and stability. It also comes with 3000 mAh battery 15W turbocharging which charges the device for 15 minutes and gives 6 hours of backup. The camera being 13+13 megapixel rear is the USP of the device and it has 64 GB of internal storage and can be expanded up to 128 GB which is more than enough, for now.
Coming back to the tutorial first, to unlock Moto G5S Plus Bootloader we require a Motorola ID which you can sign up on their website and request for unlocking the bootloader, it just takes a minute to sign up and get the bootloader unlock code. After that, we will install TWRP custom recovery and then we would be rooting Moto G5S Plus which we have posted the guide for that separately over here. All these procedures require a computer, data cable and little bit of technical knowledge and even if you are new to this then please watch the video at the bottom of this article.
DISCLAIMER: Unlocking bootloader, rooting and installing custom ROM’s and recoveries break the warranty on the device. Please be advised that Techolite and its authors are not responsible for any loss during the process. You are the sole responsible person for any dead SD cards or boot loops.
Before performing any of the steps provided below, please make sure that your Moto G5S Plus is charged 80% and above.
How To Unlock Moto G5S Plus Bootloader
- USB Data Cable
- Motorola driver
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Please check at the bottom of this article under the downloads section.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader
- Extract Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your desktop
- On your device, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number for 7-8 times until you get the message Developer Options enabled
- Go back and tap on Developer Options, now tick the following
- OEM Unlock
- USB Debugging
- Now turn off your Moto G5S Plus
- You need to enter into fastboot mode
- Press and hold Volume Down Button and Power Button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the fastboot mode
- Connect the USB data cable to your device and your computer
- Now navigate to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click anywhere. Select Open Command Prompt here
- Next, type this and enter
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get something like this:
- Now visit Moto Bootloader Unlock website sign up if you do not have an ID else follow the next step
- Tick the “Agree” to terms and conditions and click next
- Once you got the string, open any text editor application like notepad and paste the string there and remove any space (Else copy paste it on this website Moto Data Scrub Tool if you feel it confusing). The result should be like this in the following way:
- Paste the code obtained in Moto website/if you have edited it yourself
- Now Click on the I Agree Button a Get Unlock Code will appear on the screen and click the button
- Now you will get your unlock key by email. Check your inbox and get the key
- Now again go back to the Command Prompt screen and type this code
- fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxx
- (xxxxxxxxxx is the unlock key which you got on your email)
- A warning screen will appear in command just retype the same command and hit enter
- Type this code and your phone will reboot
- fastboot reboot
You have successfully performed the process of unlocking Moto G5S Plus bootloader! Thanks to shu006 for his hard work, the entire credit goes to him and you can help him with any kind of or appreciation of thanks or donation on his official thread on XDA-forums Unlock Moto G5S Plus Bootloader.