Viper OS for Lenovo P1m is based on latest Android Nougat 7.1.2 with October security patch and is the most stable custom ROM so far ported to the device.
Unlike the previous custom ROM’s for Lenovo Vibe P1m, this ROM is so far the most stable and after usage, for 3 days we found out that this can be used as a daily driver. But the major issue has been fixed so far and that is the camera being green, I tried many third-party camera apps and they work for a while and then the same bug continues to appear in the previous ROM’s like AOSP Extended and CyanogenMod 14.1 which many users complained as well.
Viper OS for Lenovo P1m has been made more stable than any other custom firmware, you can download and flash it on your device to get better battery life and performance. There are lots of advanced features and modifications done and you can check it yourself after installing it on your device.
The ROM is unofficial so please do not expect nightly updates and it is is based on 64-bit CPU architecture, please download the gapps for ARM64 from the links provided below in the downloads section.
DISCLAIMER : Rooting or flashing custom roms results to the void of the warranty of the device. Techolite and its authors are not responsible for any damage which is incurred in the process of flashing custom roms or rooting the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process.
Features Of The ROM
Status bar Customization
- Customizable icons
- Quick pulldown
- Smart pulldown
- Notification count
- Clock position
- Seconds in clock
- Date design
- Brightness slider
- Brightness icon
- Tile tap customization
- Header customization
About The ROM
Android Version: 7.1.2
ROM Version: v2
Type: Viper OS
Author/Credits: Wizard, Keng Natan Singse (Compiled The ROM), Darklord4822 (For 3.18.19+ kernel Core), Lenovo CRT Team, CJ, Tony K Christopher, Jabir Mohammad Ack, Darksoul
Size: 422 MB
Source: Lenovo Forums
How to Install Viper OS For Lenovo P1m
- Copy the Custom Rom & Gapps on your SD card
- Reboot to custom recovery (Turn off your device then press Volume Down Button + Power Button together)
- Clear cache, system, dalvik, data
- Go back and select install then select the custom ROM, P1m Camera Patch.zip, P1m Patch.zip and slide to install (Select all three and flash it together)
- If you want Google core apps like contacts, play store then flash Gapps as well
- Once the installation is done, reboot your device
- Wait for 3-5 minutes till the home screen is shown
- P1m Camera Patch
- P1m Patch
- Google Apps(Gapps) – Select any ARM64 package under Nougat 7.1