In the process of installing custom ROM’s on Moto G5S Plus, we bricked the device and were searching for the Stock ROM to restore it back to its original state. So luckily, we found a way to download and unbrick Moto G5S Plus Stock ROM.
Fortunately, we were able to unbrick it easily as we had the drivers and the applications installed on our computer which were used during unlocking the bootloader, installing TWRP and rooting our device.
To install Moto G5S Plus official firmware you require the Moto G5S Plus driver to be installed on your computer to make the device-detectable while in bootloader mode. Please check the driver download link at the bottom of this article. Also, you require Minimal ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer to flash the Moto G5S Plus Stock ROM.
If you have installed a custom ROM and want to revert back or if you have entered into a boot loop which means your device is restarting again and again with the Motorola Logo then it means that your Moto G5S Plus is dead, so do not worry just follow the instructions which are mentioned below to unbrick Moto G5S Plus. If you are unable to understand then please watch the video in which we have mentioned and have shown everything in details. Please be patient and follow every step carefully, it is a lengthy process but surely your device will turn on.
DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for any loss of your data or device. You are sole responsible for the entire process you are going to perform. Techolite and its authors are not to be blamed for a dead SD card or a device not booting.
- Keep your device charged above 80% if you are on a custom ROM or if your device is bricked then charge it for 1 hour before performing the process.
- Please take a backup of your personal data if you are on a custom ROM because the entire in-built storage is going to be wiped off. In case of a bricked device, the data cannot be transferred.
- Please remove your SD card.
Please check the bottom of this article for the download links
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot (Please read the guide first to install it, link provided in the downloads section at the bottom of this article)
- Moto G5S Plus driver (required to get the device-detectable)
- Moto G5S Plus Stock ROM
How To Install Moto G5S Plus Stock ROM
- Once you have installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot, extract the Moto G5S Plus Stock ROM in the directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Install the Moto G5S Plus driver
- Turn off your device and enter bootloader mode by pressing
- Now connect your device to the computer using the USB cable
- Go to Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and right click on cmd-here.exe and run as administrator
- Type the following commands one by one after completing the process
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
Now you have successfully unbricked and installed Moto G5S Plus latest firmware. Please follow the instructions on the screen, the booting time takes around 5-10 minutes so have patience and wait until the screen welcomes you. Visit Xda-Forums to thank and donate the original author of this guide.
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot (Please read the guide to download and install)
- Moto G5S Plus driver (select according to your computer cpu architecture)
- Moto G5S Plus Stock ROM (Works with XT1802, XT1804, XT1805, XT1806)