Moto G5S Plus AIM Oreo Custom ROM [Official]
Moto G5S Plus AIM Oreo Custom ROM is officially released and is the first Android 8.0 based ROM which has few glitches and is hoped to be solved soon.
AIMROM is based on AOSP and the developers aim to provide an experience with unmatched stability, performance and a better battery life. The customizations and the features are hand-picked by the team members and the testers. They ensure the authentic taste and full experience of Android.
We have used this ROM earlier and found it to be good but not that happening which we want. We all know AIM ROM’s are based on AOSP and gives the stock feelings to us but this definitely didn’t win our hearts so far. We at Techolite never give any bias reviews and always point out the things which we like and don’t like.
The general Moto G5S Plus AIM Oreo Custom ROM features network traffic indicators, quick settings rows and columns, toast animations, volume rocker keys changing the soundtrack and much more.
DISCLAIMER: Rooting or installing custom ROM’s breaks the warranty on the device. Please be advised that if you are unlocking your bootloader or installing a custom recovery then you are solely responsible for the loss. Techolite and its authors are not responsible for any loss and we credit the authors respectfully.
About The ROM
Android Version: 8.0
ROM Version: V3.0
Type: AIM ROM (AOSP based)
Size: 538 MB
Author/Credits: Keertesh (AIMROM Team)
- Network Traffic indicators
- Quick settings rows and columns
- Auto brightness icon toggle
- Statusbar custom logos
- Statusbar AIM logo
- VoLTE icon toggle
- Custom status bar icons
- Brightness control
- AOKP custom system animations
- XuiMod: Toast animations
- List animation views and interpolator
- Navigation bar toggle
- Navigation bar double tap to sleep
- Power menu customizations
- Volume rockers customization
- Notification ticker custom battery lights
- App toast icon
- MTP instead of charging
- Launch music player on headset connect
How To Install
- The bootloader of your device must be unlocked and TWRP custom Recovery must be installed. You can check the guide on how to Unlock Moto G5S Plus Bootloader and Install TWRP
- Moto G5S Plus AIM Oreo Custom ROM – You can find it at the bottom of this post.
- Google Apps: Gapps is optional but if you want to run Google core applications such as contacts and play store then this is required – You can find it at the bottom of this post, select ARM version only.
- Copy the Moto G5S Plus AIM Oreo Custom ROM and Gapps on your SD card or internal storage of the device
- Reboot to TWRP recovery
- Go to Wipe and tick Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Cache and swipe to wipe
- Go back to the main TWRP menu and navigate to INSTALL
- Select the Custom ROM, followed by the Gapps and swipe to wipe
NOTE: First boot might take 5-10 minutes, it hardly took 3 minutes for us so if it goes further then please have the patience.
- Depth mode not working (we used Gcam and the end result was good)