Lenovo A7000 Oreo Custom ROM Nitrogen OS
Nitrogen OS is based on Android Open Source Project which gives a pure Android experience with no unwanted applications pre-installed. Lenovo A7000 Oreo Custom ROM is the latest Android 8.1 based firmware which has many new features and performance stability.
Lenovo has not officially given any update for Oreo on Lenovo A7000 but installing this ROM will give you the real feel and experience of Android Oreo on your Lenovo A7000. Your device must have TWRP 3.2.1 installed and then you can flash this Custom ROM followed by GApps for Android Oreo and if you want to have root access then you can flash Magisk.
The Nitrogen OS custom ROM has minor bugs but then can be fixed by installing the patches provided, for example when you click pictures using the default camera app then the images are dark but you can fix it with camera footeg, the proximity sensor can be fixed with the patch provided and you are good to go to enjoy Android Oreo on Lenovo A7000.
Disclaimer: Rooting and Flashing custom ROM’s breaks the warranty. You are sole responsible if you brick your device or the SD card doesn’t work. You should take a backup of your personal data and files.
About The ROM
- Android OS version: 8.1.0_r7
- For devices: Lenovo A7000
- Source code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project
- Developer: xyyx
- Contributors: AKS12, Rohan Taneja, Aryan Kedare, daniel_hk, mugik
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
- ROM Firmware Required: TWRP by Rohan Taneja, AKS12, HDHR or Aryan Kedare
- Based On: AOSP
- Translated to EN, RU, CS, SK
- Keep your device charged above 50%
- Backup your files and data. Take a nandroid backup of the current ROM
- TWRP must be installed, you can follow the guide to install it
How To Install
- Copy the ROM and GApps on your device
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery
- Clean Dalvik, Cache, System
- Go back and select install
- Navigate to the ROM and select it along with the GApps and flash
- Flash the Patch and reboot
NOTE: When you have successfully booted to your home screen, navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the Camera Footeg App. Install it and enjoy the Camera app without any bugs.