Lineage OS formerly known as CyanogenMod is a free aftermarket distribution of Android Oreo, the custom ROM is built to enhance and bring more stability to Android devices. Lineage OS 15.1 for Lenovo A7000 is based on Android Oreo 8.1 which is built on the Android Open Source Project source codes with extra contributions from many users and the Android community.
Lenovo A7000 Lineage OS 15.1 has most of the features working on the device and minor bugs have been reported so far but with one issue which can be fixed manually. The issue which most of the users are facing is the “force close of Google Play Services”, you can install it and the issue will be solved. If you are planning to install Supersu as well then flash the zip file and manually install the Supersu apk as well.
Disclaimer: Rooting and Flashing custom ROM’s breaks the warranty. You are sole responsible if you brick your device or the SD card doesn’t work. You should take a backup of your personal data and files.
About The ROM
Contributors :AKS12, Rohan Taneja, Aryan Kedare, daniel_hk,mugik
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP by Rohan Taneja,AKS12, HDHR or Aryan Kedare
Based On: AOSP
– USB tethering
– Video Playback
– Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
– Wifi HotSpot
– Stuff I didn’t test yet
– HW encoding/decoding
- Keep your device charged above 50%
- Backup your files and data. Take a nandroid backup of the current ROM
- TWRP must be installed, you can follow the guide to install it
How To Install
- Copy the ROM and GApps on your device
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery
- Clean Dalvik, Cache, System
- Go back and select install
- Navigate to the ROM and select it along with the GApps and flash