Motorola launches new smartphones under the budget segments throughout the year and the devices come with Bootloader locked which means one cannot install a custom recovery or root it. Perhaps, you can unlock bootloader on Motorola Moto devices very easily which Motorola has officially given the permission to do.
However, unlocking the bootloader on any Motorola device is not that easy because it requires little technical knowledge but you can unlock the bootloader on moto device efficiently by following the steps given below.
Unlocking Bootloader! It breaks the warranty of the device.
When you unlock the bootloader on Moto smartphone it breaks the warranty and you won’t get covered by the insurance also. Make sure you can sacrifice this for the following things.
- Install a custom recovery
- Root your Moto Smartphone
- Fash custom ROM’s
- Install Ad-blockers and block any types of ads on browser or application
- Over-clock the processor and increase the performance of your device
- Install custom Kernels
- Install custom themes using substratum (requires root)
- Change the navbar/status bar (custom ROMs includes)
- Your device must be charged above 50%
- You need the following drivers to be installed (Select according to your computer CPU architecture)
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot (Please read the guide or just download it directly)
Warning! Take a backup of your personal data. Everything gets erased by unlocking the bootloader.
- Extract Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it
- On your device, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number for 7-8 times until you get the message Developer Options enabled
- Go back and tap on Developer Options, now enable the following
- OEM Unlock
- USB Debugging
- Now turn off your smartphone
- You need to enter into fastboot mode
- Press and hold Volume Down Button and Power Button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the fastboot mode
- Connect the USB data cable to your device and your computer
- Now navigate to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click anywhere. Select Open Command Prompt here
- Next, type this and enter
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get something like this:
- Copy the string
Example string: (bootloader) 0A30040192534205#4C4D3584983230 (bootloader) 30379293290275920232323239#BD00 (bootloader) E35GK35L98G56NM4746C2CE02328A2S (bootloader) 3G3E5#1F53280921000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
- Once you got the string, open any text editor application like notepad and paste the string there and remove any space (Else copy paste it on this website Moto Data Scrub Tool if you feel it confusing).
- Now visit Moto Bootloader Unlock website and sign up if you do not have a new account
- Tick the “Agree” to terms and conditions and click next
- Paste the code obtained in Motorola website
- Now Click on the I Agree Button a Get Unlock Code will appear on the screen and click the button
- You will receive the unlock key by email. Check your inbox and get the key
- Now again go back to the Command Prompt screen and type this code
- fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxx
- (xxxxxxxxxx is the unlock key which you got on your email)
- A warning screen will appear in command just retype the same command and hit enter
- Type this code and your phone will reboot
- fastboot reboot