IMEI number is an integral part of a device and specifically, it is programmed on every Android & iOS devices. It is important for any activities which are formed of digital numbers encrypted that verifies the authenticity of your account while you call your service provider in case of any emergencies or other necessary information.
IMEI number helps in locating your device in case you have lost it or it got stolen, you may also wish to make it untraceable in any other situations. You can check the benefits of changing the IMEI number on your Android device which we have listed below in this article.
What is an IMEI Number?
International Mobile Equipment Identity can be accessed from any device by typing *06# from the dial pad. This will bring up 16 digit number which is unique for every device, perhaps this digital imprints the authenticity of your device and registers it with the network that you are going to use.
IMEI number saves your device manufacturer details like the date of manufacturing, country of origin, etc. It also helps you track your device when it is lost as every time a new network provider such as Verizon, AT&T, AirTel, Vodafone etc are assigned, it registers your IMEI number which verifies your device.
How to find IMEI Number of your Phone?
- Firstly, switch your Phone off. Although you can simply take away the battery and save your time in switching the Phone off, this sudden action may cause data loss or even the apps may corrupt when the power source is removed all of a sudden.
- Now take away the back cover of your Phone along with the battery.
- You will come across a sticker sort of white label attached to it on the back side of the battery. There is where you will find the IMEI number of your device.
Or you can do as follows in case you could not find IMEI number through the above steps:
- Go to the Settings of your Phone.
- Now search for About Device and tap on it. In the About Device tab, you will see the option of Status.
- In the status tab, scroll down until you see the IMEI Number.
- On some devices, at times, you will have to click on the More Option before going to About Device, which contains the serial number of your device.
How To Change IMEI Number of Android Device Without Root?
- On the dial pad of your device, dial- *#7465625# or you can also dial- *#*#3646633#*#*.
- Now tap on Connectivity Option or Call pad.
- Search for the option of CDS and tap on it.
- Go to Radio-Info.
- For Dual SIM Phone, you will come across two options- IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2 [SIM2]. Choose the one whose IMEI you wish to change.
- Change the IMEI as per below-
AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1″ and AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2″
- You have to now change the IMEI1 or IMEI2, with the number of your choice. After that, press on SEND.
And you are all done here. You have successfully changed the IMEI number of your device, This way, You can also change your Android IMEI to BlackBerry IMEI.
How to Change Device ID of any device?
A device identification or Device ID is a distinctive number associated with a smartphone or similar handheld device. Device IDs are separate from hardware serial numbers.
Android device IDs are defined when the device’s first boot. Users can access their devices randomly generated Android IDs by downloading a free app from Google Play. These device identification numbers should continue to be consistent throughout the life of the device until and unless the device is reset.